This page last changed on Apr 11, 2013 by dberenguer.
During the development of the OR protocol extension for panStamp I discovered that we were not able to correctly set our single controller parameter from Designer. Our "broadcast" field contains in fact a string and each time we set a new value, the old one is written into controller.xml instead. Example:
1. Initial values
Current broadcast parameter from Designer = tcp://192.168.1.30:5001
Current broadcast parameter in controller.xml = tcp://192.168.1.88:5001 (or whatever)
2. Change broadcast parameter to tcp://192.168.1.30:5002 from Designer
New broadcast parameter from Designer = tcp://192.168.1.30:5002
New broadcast parameter in controller.xml = tcp://192.168.1.30:5001
And so on...
I tried then to test this from the ZWave Controller menu and found that the same exact thing happened with string parameters. However, numeric parameters as "port number" work well so I'm guessing that something is wrong with how Designer or Controller compares and updates parameters containing non numeric characters.
Thanks for reporting this. Was chatting with Eric yesterday and we suspect this might be a result of an existing TODO to rewrite how we manage configuration updates from the Designer when synced to controller. However, some of the description above doesn't really match that so there may be more than one issue at play.
Can you test if changing the config parameter kicks in correctly in the controller when:
1) change the port on the designer – and save
2) sync your new design (openremote.zip with the updated controller.xml in it) with controller
3) restart the controller
Posted by juha at Apr 17, 2013 04:31
1) change the port on the designer - and save ---> The correct value is displayed in Designer
2) sync your new design (openremote.zip with the updated controller.xml in it) with controller ---> Here the above bejaviour is reproduced
3) restart the controller ---> No change.
Posted by dberenguer at Apr 17, 2013 08:42
So after repeating the steps, does your controller.xml on your local controller contain the new value from designer in it's <config> section?
Posted by juha at Apr 17, 2013 08:46
Not really, I need to enter a different value in order for controller.xml to display the precedent one. Resetting the same value from Designer does not change anything.
Posted by dberenguer at Apr 17, 2013 09:07