This page last changed on Aug 27, 2010 by mishoboss.

Hi, I try to run OpenRemote 2.0 and use it with iPhone console. I have successfully installed the controller and the console and have designed a very simple UI just for a test. The iPhone console discovers the controller and sees there is "panel1", but the screen stays black and an error occur: "Use Local Cache: Occured unknown error, status code is 0".

Do you have any idea what could be wrong?

This is the panel XML file:
-----------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<openremote xmlns="http://www.openremote.org" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.openremote.org http://www.openremote.org/schemas/panel.xsd">
<panels>
<panel id="1" name="panel1">
<include type="group" ref="2" />
</panel>
</panels>
<screens>
<screen id="3" name="Starting Screen" inverseScreenId="15">
<background relative="TOP_LEFT">
<image src="EVO20N1101282921919383.jpg" />
</background>
<absolute left="52" top="195" width="50" height="50">
<button id="14" name="Button" />
</absolute>
</screen>
<screen id="15" name="Starting Screen" landscape="true" inverseScreenId="3" />
</screens>
<groups>
<group id="2" name="Default Group">
<tabbar />
<include type="screen" ref="3" />
<include type="screen" ref="15" />
</group>
</groups>
</openremote>

Which version of the controller are you using?

Posted by admin at Aug 27, 2010 23:31

It was Alpha 7 I think. I just updated to Alpha 9 (/tags/OpenRemote_Boss_2_0_0_Alpha6/Controller_2_0_0_Alpha9), but the problem stays.

Posted by mishoboss at Aug 30, 2010 10:21

Hmm, I remember seeing that once but can't remember what the cause was, as it went away with updates (the error message itself is useless to diagnose and needs to be fixed).

Does the controller return the controller.xml normally through the HTTP/REST interface?

Did you have an earlier version of OR console installed?

Have you cleared the content cache from settings?

Posted by juha at Aug 30, 2010 13:00
  • Does the controller return the controller.xml normally through the HTTP/REST interface?
    I don't see any REST/JSON API to return data from the controller.xml. This is the panel1 returned XML for example:

-------------------------
<openremote xmlns="http://www.openremote.org" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:schemaLocation="http://www.openremote.org/panel.xsd">
<screens>
<screen id="3" name="Starting Screen" inverseScreenId="15">
<background relative="TOP_LEFT">
<image src="EVO20N1101282921919383.jpg"/>
</background>
<absolute left="52" top="195" width="142" height="104">
<button id="14" name="Button"/>
</absolute>
</screen>
<screen id="15" name="Starting Screen" landscape="true" inverseScreenId="3"/>
</screens>
<groups>
<group id="2" name="Default Group">
<tabbar/>
<include type="screen" ref="3"/>
<include type="screen" ref="15"/>
</group>
</groups>
</openremote>
-------------------------
Other REST commands also work as expected when typed in the browser directly.

  • Did you have an earlier version of OR console installed? - Yes, I had version 1.0, but it's gone now. I also had several versions of 2.0 console as I had several attempts to install it in different ways (via iTunes and SSH). Maybe something is left somewhere?
  • Have you cleared the content cache from settings? - Yes, several times. You speak about "Clear Image Cache" button in the settings of the iPhone console, right?

------------
P.S. When I Turn Off the SSL from the iPhone console's settings, I don't see the error anymore. However I see nothing more than a black screen with a blank tabbar in the bottom.

Posted by mishoboss at Aug 30, 2010 13:56

P.S.2 IT WORKS! It's something with the SSL. When I turned it OFF, cleared the cache and restarted the console, everything worked like a charm.

P.S.3 There is a small problem in the default config of the Controller, at least by me. This is a different problem, I just want to mention it. The default "resource.path" parameter in /config/config.properties points to "../webapps/controller". I have to change it to the absolute path "/var/lib/tomcat6/webapps/controller" (I use Tomcat 6) in order to work right.

Posted by mishoboss at Aug 30, 2010 14:09
Document generated by Confluence on Jun 05, 2016 09:31