This page last changed on Jan 04, 2015 by desertdog.
I recently purchased a CuboxTV by SolidRun. This is a tiny, low power ARM computer. It comes with a power adapter and a micro SD card with OpenElec OS preinstalled. It is slightly over $100 and took about 3 weeks to arrive by mail from Israel. OpenElec is a stripped down linux OS and boots directly into Kodi (the new name for XBMC). OpenElec is headless, meaning you have to ssh into it from another computer. Other linux and android packages exist for the Cubox. I have been trying to install OpenRemote and will try to summarize what I have done through trial and error.
Java is required for OR. I read somewhere in the OR forums that you should avoid Java 7, because of a conflict with Drools. I also read that the proprietery drivers work better than the opensource versions. So I downloaded a java jdk8 for arm from the oracle website.
1. Google for java jdk8 for arm and download to your Windows computer from the Oracle website.
2. Using Putty, establish ssh connection to Cubox. The default username and password are root and openelec.
3. Create directory to install java
4. Copy java from your Windows machine to the /storage/java folder on the Cubox, using WinSCP.
5. Unpack the java package
tar -zxvf jdk-8u6-linux-arm-vfp-hflt.gz
6. Add the java folder to your PATH
Java (TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0)06-b23)
Java HotSpot (TM) Client VM (buile 25.6-b23, mixed mode)
Note:This won't persist after a reboot. We will fix this below in the autostart script.
1. Download controller .zip to your Windows machine.
2. Unzip OpenRemote-Controller-2.1.0_SNAPSHOT-2013-06-17.zip
Right click and then click extract all.
3. Create directory on cubox for openremote
establish ssh connection using Putty.
4. Move extracted openremote from Windows computer to Cubox using WinSCP
5. Make openremote.sh file executable
chmod +x openremote.sh
6. Make openremote.sh start automatically on reboot
check to /storage/.config to see if already have autostart.sh script
If not then
echo "#!/bin/sh" > /storage/.config/autostart.sh && chmod +x /storage/.config/autostart.sh
below #!/bin/sh add
7. Test to see if working using browser on windows machine
An OpenRemote webpage should open.
8. Reboot the Cubox and test again.
When I log into the Controller on my CuboxTV, I get the "Welcome to OpenRemote Controller" webpage. But when I to sync with online designer, I get the following message
The path 'file:/../webapps/controller' doesnt exist.
I tried pressing "Reload configuration and clear cache" but nothing happens after 15 minutes of waiting.
Edit: I found the answer in another forum post http://www.openremote.org/display/forums/%28%28MAC-OS%29%29+The+path+file+...+doesnt+exist.
I had to edit the resource.path line in config.properties file.
Posted by desertdog at Jan 04, 2015 18:40