This page last changed on Dec 21, 2015 by dmorell.

Since my raspberry pi 1 is pretty much too slow to run openremote pro, I decided to move everything to a Windows xp machine for the time being. I installed java 6(according to the directions) and installed Openremote Pro 1.4. I Change the mac address within the designer and the sync function works good. When I look at the the controller it load but keeps telling me unable to retrieve controller identity. i am not sure why this is happening. Can anyone help?


FullSizeRender (1).jpg (image/jpeg)

Did you specify the MAC address of your Winows machine in the Pro Designer?

Posted by pz1 at Dec 21, 2015 08:31

Yes.I read the tutorial and installed java 6 development on to the windows machine, went into environmental variables and added the java location, copied openremote pro 1.4 to c:\ and called it Openpro. I ran openpro on the windows machine and opened up a web browser and entered localhost:8688/controller and saw the new mac address. I then open designer pro and went to controller management, deleted the mac address from my raspberry pi and added the new mac address. The sync function works well and fast. Unfortunetly I see the error in the picture in the original posting. I looked though everything and can't find what I did wwrong. I check my password on Envisalink(security module for DSC, like IT-100) and the password is correct.

Posted by dmorell at Dec 21, 2015 16:00

Hi

I got very bored with trying to resolve this, so in the end I followed the second part of this thread and changed the password storage to plaintext, it worked perfectly.

http://www.openremote.org/display/forums/OpenRemote+Pro+Release+1.3.0

Please let us know how you get on.

Posted by mdar at Dec 30, 2015 11:53
Document generated by Confluence on Jun 05, 2016 09:32