This page last changed on Jul 28, 2011 by sellin.

Dear all,

I am doing my first steps playing around with the OR Designer.
Unfortunately I find that sliders are not being displayed on my IPad2, while they do on an Ipod Touch.

Am I missing something? Is this a bug? Can I do anything about it?


Sounds like it could be a bug, we'll investigate.

Posted by juha at Jul 28, 2011 09:41

Could you either attach the configuration (zip file you export from the modeler) to this thread or send it to me : eric at openremote dot org ?
I'll take a look on my iPad.


Posted by ebariaux at Jul 28, 2011 09:54

Thank you for your quick response!
Please find the file attached. This is very messy, just for testing functionality.



Posted by sellin at Jul 28, 2011 10:57

I have the same issue on Ipad!

Posted by schotte at Jul 30, 2011 22:18

I was able to reproduce the issue with the iPad application available in the AppStore but not if I now rebuild using the code that was used to build the application submitted to Apple.
Really weird. We will re-submit a new build of the application to Apple to see if that gets this issue fixed.

Anyway, I've seen that the sliders do display correctly when I rebuilt but that I could not use them in the demo setup you attached.
There seems to be a weird interaction between the gesture to move from page to page and the slider.

I'm working on a 2.1 version of the iOS application. It'll be universal and so available for both iPhone and iPad.
I'll be sure to look at this issue before that release.


Posted by ebariaux at Aug 03, 2011 10:57


I have the same issue but i solved it changing all the imatges by the slider properties, sure that isn't the best solution but works.

Posted by amarquez at Aug 16, 2011 20:51

So a quick update on this (Eric's still on vacation) – we can reproduce the issue with the binaries distributed from Apple's App Store. However can't so far reproduce in simulator/ad-hoc device testing. So something changes during the app approval process.

Still investigating. Eric may have more details once he's fully back.

Posted by juha at Aug 18, 2011 11:26

Indeed, there is something really weird happening here and as I cannot reproduce it is very difficult to debug.
Anyway, the code around the display needed a thorough cleaning, so it's been mostly re-written for the 2.1 version.
I'm hoping this will solve this issue.

I don't have a release date yet for this 2.1 version on the AppStore but people able to build it can check the branch

Posted by ebariaux at Sep 02, 2011 14:47
Document generated by Confluence on Jun 05, 2016 09:31