This page last changed on Dec 11, 2012 by lioncity.
After designing a test via OpenRemote's online platform, which generates a "openremote.zip" as outcome.
My questions is:
1. How to upload the design to iPhone for real testing?
2. What's the main difference between OpenRemote Boss 2.0 installed in my local machine and the online OpenRemote platform?
Please kindly advise, thank you.
1) You need a controller
Posted by mredeker at Dec 12, 2012 09:27
Hi Marcus and all,
Actually I've installed the Controller already before asking the above question, the Controller shows the following:
1. Configuration update (online, offline)
3. Sync with Online Designer
What I did is clicking the button "Sync with Online Designer", after that, I don't know how to proceed even after viewing the demo videos.
My questions are as following:
1. Is there Tutorial or Documentation showing me how to connect with my iPhone? and how to test OpenRemote via my iPhone with my own design?
2. Is there any video showing how to upload the application onto my iPhone?
Please kindly guide and advise, I look forward to hearing from you, thanks a lot!
Posted by lioncity at Dec 12, 2012 12:59
1. Forums, Documentation pages, Youtube channel. There is no "OpenRemote step by step user guide"
2. Install OpenRemote console from the app store.
Posted by mredeker at Dec 12, 2012 13:13
Thanks for your prompt reply.
I also downloaded OpenRemote from the app store, but don't know how to link up with the controller installed in my local MacBook. Is there any simple explanation or video demo to show how to do this? e.g. how to set up iPhone OPenRemote app to link up with my testing deign by Designer?
Please kindly advise, appreciate much.
Posted by lioncity at Dec 12, 2012 14:00
I have the same question/problem.
Can anyone help with a link to a document/FAQ/Video that explains how to link the iPhone App with the OpenRemote Controller?
Posted by dnoguer at Jan 07, 2013 10:15
There is no step-by-step as far as I know
We know the documentation still has to be improved
Here is a quick wrap-up:
1) OpenRemote consists of three parts
- Controller software (Brain of the system. Has to be installed on a machine and communiates with the devices)
- Online designer (Is used to configure your commands which tell the controller how to talk to your devices and to create your panel layouts which tells the console how your UI should look like)
- Console (iOS, Android, Webb) connects to your controller to receive UI information and communicates with controller to display sensor values or execute actions
2) Install controller and make sure it runs (connect to http://<ip>:8080/controller via a browser)
3) Create a user account with the designer, log-in and create a design
4) Sync your design with the controller (Go to http://<ip>:8080/controller, enter your designer username and password and perform sync online)
5) Install OpenRemote console for iOS or Android or use webconsole
6) If the console discovers your controller (iPhone has to be connected to WLAN and on same network then controller), select controlelr and then select panel (this was designed in step 3)
7) If the console does not discover your controller add the controller manually
Posted by mredeker at Jan 07, 2013 10:49
thanks for the quick reply! Still not working, but I've the feeling we are getting closer
I checked the controller is running (connect to http://<ip>:8080/controller via a browser)
The App didn't discover my controller despite bing in the same IP area. So I've manually added a new 'building'at the iPhone app settings and at the Gateway address, the IP Address of the Controller.
When i try to connect it stays forever... with no result
- I can connect the app directly to the KNX IP Gateway. Should the connection to the OpenRemote Controller be configured in the same way? The IP address only or also the port number?
- Is there anything I have to configure at the OpenRemote Controller about the KNX IP Gateway address?
- Is there any log with connection attempts?
Here you have my boot sequence for the controller... in case it can help
iMac:bin dnoguer$ ./openremote.sh run
çUsing CATALINA_BASE: /Users/dnoguer/desktop/OpenRemote-Controller-2.0.1
Using CATALINA_HOME: /Users/dnoguer/desktop/OpenRemote-Controller-2.0.1
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /Users/dnoguer/desktop/OpenRemote-Controller-2.0.1/temp
Using JRE_HOME: /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/CurrentJDK/Home
07/01/2013 11:58:46 org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener init
INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in production environments was not found on the java.library.path: /Users/dnoguer/desktop/OpenRemote-Controller-2.0.1/webapps/controller/WEB-INF/lib/native
07/01/2013 11:58:46 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
07/01/2013 11:58:46 org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
INFO: Initialization processed in 893 ms
07/01/2013 11:58:46 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start
INFO: Starting service Catalina
07/01/2013 11:58:46 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.18
07/01/2013 11:58:46 org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
INFO: Deploying web application archive webconsole.war
07/01/2013 11:58:48 org.openremote.controller.bootstrap.Startup redirectJULtoLog4j
INFO: Initialized JUL to LOG4J Redirector.
INFO 2013-01-07 11:58:49,943 :
DEPLOYING NEW CONTROLLER RUNTIME...
INFO 2013-01-07 11:58:50,133 : No rule definitions found in '/Users/dnoguer/Desktop/OpenRemote-Controller-2.0.1/webapps/controller/rules'.
INFO 2013-01-07 11:58:50,133 : Initialized event processor : Drools Rule Engine
INFO 2013-01-07 11:58:50,403 : Registered sensor : Switch Sensor (Name = 'Llum Estudi ON/OFF', ID = '10')
INFO 2013-01-07 11:58:50,406 : Startup complete.
INFO 2013-01-07 11:58:50,407 : Controller Definition File Watcher for Default Deployer started.
07/01/2013 11:58:50 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
07/01/2013 11:58:50 org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 4071 ms
Posted by dnoguer at Jan 07, 2013 11:35
It sounds like you are using the wrong app for your iPhone.
It's "OpenRemote Console" NOT "OpenRemote KNX".
The controller start looks good.
Posted by mredeker at Jan 07, 2013 11:43
It now works!!! Indeed, I was using the wrong App!!
Posted by dnoguer at Jan 07, 2013 16:16