This page last changed on Jun 10, 2011 by satz.
Hello. I would really like to add xPL (udp) protocol support into the controller and designer. I have a few questions that will help me get a better start and help save some time.
1) Is the trunk the best place to add this code into? I would like to pick the best place to add this both from a stability perspective but also where most of the framework already exists to support xPL and the place it may ultimately end up if all goes well.
2) Is the Lutron and X-10 protocols sufficiently debugged and functional so as to be used as a working example?
3) Any reason not do undertake this effort? Can xPL be supported through another existing code base or feature I am missing?
4) Any other feedback?
I plan on beginning with Gerry Duprey's java xPL code since he has so much if it working. It is under the Apaache 2.0 license so I don't know if that will be a problem long term.
Thanks for the offer to contribute.
1) You can branch either from trunk or from /branches/project/Controller_2_0_0_Alphas
2) Lutron should be pretty decent example to look at
4) ASL 2.0 will not be a problem.
Looking forward to it
Let us know if you need help getting oriented with source code.
Posted by juha at Jun 10, 2011 22:43
A quick update on this topic.
Tomi Laurell has approached the project and offered to contribute his first iteration of xPL integration into OpenRemote. Expecting to see some commits in the coming weeks.
Posted by juha at Jul 26, 2012 11:56
Do you know, has Tomi been working on the xPL integration? I looked at the source on SourceForge and didn't see anything.
If he's working on it I would be happy to help. I use xPL in my house and I would like to start using OpenRemote.
Posted by mickdavis at Feb 09, 2013 20:54
I believe Tomi dropped the project due to not finding a suitable set of device support he was happy with.
So at the moment we will have to wait until there's another contributor willing to pick up xPL. Would like to see that go into OR as well.
Posted by juha at Feb 10, 2013 01:28